Achieve Solar Independence with Solar Buy Back From Energy Texas
How Does It Work?
When your solar panels produce more energy than you use, that surplus electricity is transmitted back to the grid, and you receive credits to your account at the same kilowatt-hour rate as your fixed rate energy plan. In other words, we pay you the same rate as you pay us!
Solar Buy Back can be added to any Fixed Rate Plan.
Here's How to Be Eligible for the Solar Buy Back Program
- Here's How to Be Eligible for the Solar Buy Back Program
- Have a complete photovoltaic system, including solar panels and inverter, installed on your home.
- Once your interconnection agreement is approved, your TDSP will install a meter to measure the in-flow and out-flow of electricity to and from your home. This typically takes up to 60 days.
- With your solar system fully approved, sign up with Sun Jacinto Solar Buy Back to earn credit for the excess energy your system sends to the grid.
- After your meter has been installed and confirmed by your TDSP, Energy Texas will receive a notification when excess electricity is put onto the grid. Expect to see credits on your bill within 2-3 billing cycles.
Get a Return On Your Solar Investment
Generating your own clean, green, renewable electricity is pretty cool, but making a few extra bucks off it is even cooler.
Fair, Two-Way Deal
Other companies base their discounts on fluctuating market rates. Not here. Our deals go two ways, and Energy Texas will buy your power at the same rate you pay us for ours.
Credits Roll Over
Want to save your credits and apply them to future bills down the road? No problem! This ain't a use-it-or-lose-it situation. Your credits don't expire and will roll over month to month.